Friday, June 22, 2007

Bored in Berdyansk

I'm glad that we brought our portable DVD player, but I can only watch the same movie so many times. With all 4 children visiting us each day, the hotel room is feeling very small. We try to get out & do something, but there are only so many "free" things to do.

Victor (facilitator) will be going home to Kiev on Sunday, so I'll be without him for a full week. He will come back around 7/1 or 7/2. He found out that our court decree will be ready on 7/3...that's when the adoption will be official. We'll then stay in Berdyansk for a few more days before going to Kyiv for 3-4 days. I have already booked our flight home for 7/12.

Anway...sorry there's not a more exciting update to give you. We're simply spending this time getting to know each other the best that we can. All of the children will begin English classes on 7/16. They are excited and eager to learn how to communicate with us.

I plan to keep this blog going when we get home. This way, you can track our progress for awhile.

Thanks again for your prayers and your comments to this blog. It is so exciting for me to get new comments each day!

Love,
Joy

3 comments:

sabatiniadoptions said...

Joy,

I've been checking every day and am glad to see your post. Boring is the name of the game at your stage in the adoptions. I talked to Jean Stacks yesterday and she said the tourist season is picking up in Berdyansk.

Soon you will be home and what you are going through now will be like labor and delivery. Painful while in its midst, but easy to forget.

Hang in there!!

Love,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy and Katelyn,

Your blog is great. Beverly provided me with the address. It sounds as if things are going well. Please tell my new cousins that I can't wait to meet them. Mama says hello and she has lemon drops waiting for you. Is there anything that you need, that we could send you and you would actually receive it? Just let me know. I will try and call today.

Love you,

Leigh

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site tanneradoption.blogspot.com
Is this possible?