Thursday, July 5, 2007

OK...how about Plan D?

Talk about "hurry up and wait"!!! OK....If you have been praying for my patience, please stop. :) God is REALLY testing me! I think the better prayer right now might be for the waiting to end!!!

We did not get the issues with Julia's passport resolved today, BUT Victor feels that we still have time. We spent all morning at the passport office. Thanks for praying for the director because she was very nice and helpful! Her assistant, who was to process the paperwork and stamp Julia's passport, told us to come back at 1:00 p.m. and pick everything up. When we got there at 1:00 she had left for the day and nobody knew how to contact her. Another assistant informed us that they needed a little more information before anything could be done. SO...we'll go back to Zaporryzhia tomorrow and finish the other 3 passports and hurry back here before the local passport office closes...to finish Julia's passport. They also have Saturday hours if we are delayed tomorrow.

I think we may wait until Sunday morning and take a train to Kyiv. The more I think about it, 9 hours on a bus (with no stops to stretch our legs) will not be pleasant for Katelyn...or for me. I have also heard that the bus drivers here are not so safe. There have been many accidents because the drivers will drink alcohol, fall asleep, or both. At least we can have a bed on the train and can get up and walk around if needed. I hope that we can get the air-conditioned train car, but I am not certain that it will be possible because many tourists are traveling in and out of Berdyansk now.

Anyway...the wait is not over and we still need your prayers that everything will be completed by tomorrow or mid-day Saturday at the very latest. If we are not in Kyiv by Monday morning we definitely will not be able to make our flight on 7/12.

Thanks to all of you for following our blog! It means so much that you care!
Love,
Joy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joy, O.K.,I will stop praying for patience,just everything else.I guess this proves true some of the horror stories you hear about this difficult process.It is ridiculous! The train does sound better than the bus, good idea.I have tried for two days to reach you...now the operator recording is all I get????Maybe it is my phone line.I will keep trying.I know Bryan and Sadie are anxious to get you home and I am surely anxious to see you! Lots of love,Beverly

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the passport director was friendly and accomodating. We'll pray you get everything wrapped up tomorrow. Is this an adventure or what?! Just call these labor pains. And since your kids are bigger than a baby, your pains are larger. ;-) It helps to keep a sense of humor. We so wish we could be there to help you along. I feel confident we will see you on Thursday.

Love, The Georges

Anonymous said...

Joy,

I understand your frutstrations. Of course, yours are multiplied 4 times! Hang in there. It will all be over soon and you will be on your way home. I will pray that all goes smoothly from here.

Jean Stacks

Anonymous said...

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Galatians 6:9 (NIV)

Love ya! Teresa

Anonymous said...

Merchandise total 26.97 Shipping and handling. 7.50 Tax on mdse,shipping & handling 6.75% 3.33 Invoise total 36.80 money-money.

sabatiniadoptions said...

Joy,

Ignore that last comment. That would be Michael's contribution to the blog. Don't worry, plans A through C are overrated anyway. We will see you home on the 12th!